Are you thinking about hosting an epic Disney Movie Night every day in October? Keep scrolling to get my list of Disney Halloween movies to watch. Plus download my free printable 30 Days of Halloween Disney Movies!
This list of Disney Halloween movies to watch in October was originally published September 16, 2021 and was updated September 3, 2022 and contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something from one of my affiliate links, I may earn a small commission that goes back into maintaining this blog.
Are you looking for a list of Halloween movies to watch with your family?
Disney has some of the most iconic and beloved characters in all of entertainment. So it’s no surprise that they also have some pretty great Halloween movies as well!
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s a great time to plan a Disney Halloween movie night.
I’ve compiled my top 30 favorite Disney Halloween flicks to help entertain you this October and celebrate this spooky time of year. Keep scrolling to download my free printable 30 Days of Disney Halloween Movies.
You can use these lists as an opportunity to create your own movie marathon or just pick one film per night, whatever works best for your schedule!
Either way, there are plenty here for everyone in the family (even if they’re not into scary stuff). These films will be sure to get you into the spirit without scaring anyone too much.
And don’t forget about our other free printables – we’ve got everything from Hocus Pocus cupcake toppers, Nightmare Before Christmas Guessing Game, Hocus Pocus Bingo and more! We hope you enjoy them 🙂
Click HERE to download our free printable 30 Days of Disney Halloween Movies!
Halloween Disney Movies FAQs
You can make Hocus Pocus cupcakes, Jack Skellington cake pops, or any other movie-themed treat. Our family tends to make buttery popcorn and we add in traditional candy corn or some of the new fruity candy corn options.
Did you know the original title of Hocus Pocus was “Halloween House”? And the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party launched at Walt Disney World in 1995.
Of course, this is subject to opinion, but the Halloweentown movies are always a huge hit with people. And the Twitches movies are pretty cute.
Halloween Disney Movies List
Are you wondering which Disney Halloween films made the list? Here are the best Disney Halloween movies to watch this October:
- Hocus Pocus: This is one of the best classic Disney Halloween movies. The sequel comes out next year!
- Halloweentown: This is one of the funniest old Disney channel Halloween movies. Plus, Debbie Reynolds is in it!
- Monsters, Inc.: While this isn’t technically a Halloween Disney movie, it does feature a bunch of characters whose main job is to scare children at night.
- Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie: This is a cute Disney Halloween movie featuring the lovable friends of Winnie the Pooh.
- Black Cauldron: This is one of the best old Halloween Disney movies for younger kiddos.
- Haunted Mansion: This is an awesome 90s Disney Halloween movie featuring Eddie Murphy.
- Return to Oz: This is a sequel to Wizard of Oz that came out in the 80s and the storyline is that Dorothy returns to Oz after her friends are turned to stone.
- Under Wraps: This is a 90s Disney movie where two friends help a mummy.
- Monsters University: This is a prequel to Monsters Inc and it’s pretty cute.
- Halloweentown Two: As the title implies, this is the sequel to Halloweentown.
- Tower of Terror: This is a fun Disney Halloween film inspired by the classic ride.
- Twitches: This is an awesome Disney Halloween movie featuring Tia and Tamera Mowry.
- Bedknobs & Broomsticks: This is another classic Disney Halloween movie from the 70s. It stars Angela Lansbury!
- Edward Scissorhands: Of course, we had to add this Johnny Depp Halloween classic to the list.
- Don’t Look Under the Bed: A young girl is framed for pranks played by the Boogeyman.
- Spooky Buddies: This is a Halloween movie starring dogs (like Air Bud).
- Mickey’s House of Villains: This is a movie featuring a bunch of classic Disney villains (like Jafar and Ursela) who try to take over.
- Girl vs. Monster: This is one of the top Halloween movies from Disney Channel.
- Nightmare Before Christmas: This is a total cult classic Halloween film from Tim Burton.
- Halloweentown High: This is the 3rd movie in the Halloweentown series.
- Toy Story of Terror: This is a fairly short Halloween movie for kids that features the cast of Toy Story.
- Twitches Too: This is the sequel to the Disney Channel Halloween movie Twitches.
- Lonesome Ghosts: This is one of the first Disney Halloween movies. It’s from 1937!
- Return to Halloweentown: This is the last movie in the Halloweentown franchise.
- Coco: This is an amazing Disney movie that does a great job explaining the Day of the Dead.
- Invisible Sister: Find out what happens when a girl turns her sister invisible!
- Frankenweenie: If you liked Nightmare Before Christmas, you’ll definitely want to watch this Tim Burton Halloween film.
- Phantom of the Megaplex: This is another one of the best Halloween movies from Disney Channel.
- The Ghosts of Buxley Hall: This is a fun 80s throwback Halloween movie that’s pretty funny.
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: This is a classic Disney Halloween film from 1949 starring Bing Crosby.
Disney Halloween Movie Night Ideas
There’s no such thing as too many Disney movies and there’s definitely no such thing as too many Halloween movies!
When the leaves start changing colors and the weather starts getting cooler, it’s the perfect time to curl up on the couch with your loved ones and marathon through these creepy Disney Halloween movies.
To get ready for a month of movies or a weekend movie marathon, you’ll want to download this printable pdf.
- You can print out one copy for the group or provide each family member with their own page so they can rate the movies as they watch.
- Make sure you have plenty of blankets for hiding your face during creepy parts of the movie.
- Prepare some Halloween themed snacks like popcorn with fall colored M&Ms, caramel apples, and candy corn.
- Don’t forget to include some themed refreshments. Even something as simple as green apple kool-aid or lemonade with red food color in it.
- Decorate the tv area with Halloween decorations- think banners, pumpkins, and simple construction paper bats.
- Buy fun Halloween tees or pajamas to wear.
- Plan a craft or two to make together.
- Print out some coloring pages and set up some crayon sets in plastic Halloween cups.
Disney Halloween Movies List Wrap Up
There are all kinds of ways to celebrate this spooky time of year with your Disney Halloween movie night.
I hope you enjoyed this list of movies to watch in October with your family.
If you are looking for some more ideas, check out our other blog posts on spooky crafts and printables that will help get your kids in the mood for trick-or-treating.