Are you looking for a cute Halloween countdown craft to make in October? Keep scrolling to learn how to make this adorable Disney Halloween countdown chain featuring Coco!
This easy Disney Halloween countdown chain craft tutorial contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something from one of my affiliate links, I may earn a small commission that goes back into maintaining this blog.
Are you looking for a fun craft to do with your kids this Halloween?
If so, check out our Disney’s Coco Halloween Countdown Chain Craft! It’s a festive way to count down the days until All Hallows Eve and is great for kids of all ages.
The best part about it is that it can be done at home or in school as an activity during class time. You can even use it as a countdown chain to help motivate your child throughout the day.
This craft will get them excited about trick-or-treating and having fun on Halloween night!
You don’t have to worry about making sure your child has all of the supplies or spending time cutting out paper shapes either. We’ve done all of that work for you already! All you need is some scissors and a stapler and then let your little one go wild with creativity.
Plus, it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish so you can get back to enjoying time with your little ones instead of spending hours crafting something complicated.
And when they’re done creating their chain links, they’ll have an awesome decoration that reminds them how many days are left until Halloween!
This hands-on craft is a great way to let kids have a visual idea of when it’ll be Halloween. Each day, at the time of their choosing, they can remove the links and see exactly how long it is until the big day without making you “un poco loco”!
If you’re ready to get started on this super simple project, just click HERE to download our printable template now!
Once we’ve got those materials covered, we’ll show you how to put everything together in just a few steps. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get crafting already!
Click here now to download our free printable template for making your very own Disney’s Coco Halloween Countdown Chain Craft!
Disney Countdown Chain FAQs
The whole point is to count down how many days until Halloween. Each day, you tear off a loop until they are all gone. It’s a great way to visually show younger kids how long before Halloween. Plus, it’s a fun way to get kids excited for the festivities!
While I know that Coco isn’t a Halloween movie, it features the Day of the Dead which takes place right after Halloween. This Disney countdown chain printable can be used for both holidays, as long as you add on an extra loop!
How to Make a Disney Coco Halloween Countdown Chain
Disney Countdown Chain Materials
Disney Countdown to Halloween Instructions
- Download the printable Disney Halloween countdown chain pdf. You’ll need one copy of the sign topper and several copies of the template pages.
- Print the template pages on cardstock, making sure you print enough pages of the links for the amount of days you’re counting down. So, if you are starting October 1st, you’d print 5 pages but not use all the strips.
- Cut the paper strips out. Make sure to count so you’ll have one strip per day left in October.
- Decide where you’ll hang the countdown chain. Some popular locations are on the child’s bedroom door or the wall of the family room. It’s great to have it somewhere visable so kids remember to rip off a loop each day.
- To attach the first loop to the sign topper, pinch the two ends together and staple them to the paper sign.
- Then make each colorfulstrip into a loop and staple the ends, connecting each around the next loop.
- Finally, attach the chain to the sign and starter loop.
It’s that simple to make this Disney Halloween countdown chain craft!
If you have any special days during the month of October to mark, use a washable marker to write the important information on the link for a reminder for your child.
And make sure to put any parties or highlights in the right spot on the chain.
Disney Countdown Chain Wrap Up
Now you know how to make this easy Disney Halloween countdown chain craft. Your family will love counting the days until Halloween. And you can even use this to countdown until Dia de los Muertos (aka Day of the Dead).
You probably already have all the materials at home. This is easy to print and make with kids of all ages, so grab your printer and get crafting today!
There are lots of ways to celebrate and make this Halloween season special so get creative and make sure to check out all of my creative crafts, recipes, and printables for October!