The Happy Wrap is a stretchy baby carrier wrap made from viscose bamboo. The wrap is lightweight, breathable and wicks moisture away from the body. It’s naturally anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic, eco-friendly, and provides UV protection. The fabric is soft like cashmere and has the perfect amount of stretch, keeping your baby snug, safe and comfortable. (Contains affiliate links.)
At 4.5 meters long, the Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier is designed to be one size fits most so it can easily be worn by parents and caregivers of different sizes. Simply tie the knot at your back when wrapping if you need a larger size. My husband and I have very different body shapes and we were both able to wear it with ease.
I figured that both my husband and I should try it out to see what we thought. The first time I put the baby carrier on, I didn’t get it tight enough (I was used to my woven wrap that is not stretchy) and because of the stretch, it felt really loose. So, when my husband was trying it on, I made sure he got it really snug before putting our baby in. That helped a lot.
Since we travel frequently, I’m always on the hunt for products that travel well. The Happy Wrap is high on my list. Since it’s lightweight, it’s perfect for warmer destinations or summertime travel. It also packs down compactly making it easy to stash in a carry on bag or suitcase.
I also want to note that Happy Wrap Organic Baby Carrier is made in the U.S.A. and they donate a portion of their profits to charities that provide assistance to women and children around the world.
What I like about this baby carrier:
- The color options are fantastic! Part of the fun of getting a new carrier is choosing the color/print and Happy Wrap has a lot of choices.
- It’s lightweight. Unlike some of it’s competitors, the Happy Wrap is really lightweight, which makes it perfect for travel to warmer climates. My husband gets overheated easily when babywearing and this was the perfect weight for him.
- It comes with a fabric bag. My baby carriers are usually thrown in my car or diaper bag and sometimes they get dirty or just look messy. I like that the Happy Wrap comes in a bag of the same fabric so you can quickly pack it away in the bag and take it with you. You could even clip it to the outside of a diaper bag or stroller.
- It’s easy to figure out. The instruction booklet looked daunting when I saw all the steps. However, after I put it on once, it was really easy and I was able to instruct my husband how to put it on without looking at the instructions.
- It’s perfect for newborns and preemies. It is very tricky to find carriers that work for newborns. Most soft-structured carriers require a newborn insert. And other carriers usually recommend babies be at least 8lbs. This carrier is easy to secure tiny babies safely.
- My son loved it! I’m a babywearing enthusiast and I’ve been trying a lot of carriers on my son with mixed results. He really liked this wrap! I think it’s because it warms up almost instantly because it’s thin. He fell asleep almost immediately.
What I don’t like about this baby carrier:
- It’s not always flattering. I first tried this when my son was 11 days old so I put him in the newborn hold. Because I needed him to be up higher, the wrap crossed and tied in unflattering spots, making my post-partum tummy look much larger than it was.
- It has a short window of use. Because of the stretch and lightweight fabric, it would be uncomfortable to carry babies once they get heavier. Their website recommends it for babies 25lbs and under, but I think it would be uncomfortable much earlier than 25lbs.
See my reviews of other baby products:
17 Game-Changing Baby Products
Top Baby Gear for Summer Travel
Inglesina Travel High Chair Review
Pali Tre.9 Travel Stroller Review
Yoee Baby Interactive Toy Review
Gunapod Luxury Bamboo Duvet Sleep Sack Review
Reviews of Baby Sleep Sacks and Swaddlers