The Yoee Baby is cool on several levels:
- It’s impossible not to interact with your baby as soon as you pick up the Yoee Baby. My first instinct was to bop my baby on the head using the boa tail. It’s so soft and my baby loved it! Then I started singing silly songs while tickling him with it and he was mesmerized!
- It is a great toy for my baby to play with on his own. Between the crinkle paper, rattle, teether, tag, and boa tail, there’s plenty to keep my 5-month-old occupied.
- It’s the perfect toy for my oldest son to use when he wants to play with the baby. He likes to tickle my baby’s face, arms and feet. I’ve also been able to incorporate some of Monkey’s “backstory” when talking to my 3-year-old. He knows he’s a world traveler and has lived in Central America (which we found on our globe together.) I’ve explained that Monkey eats green bananas, penne pasta (al dente) and cheesebread. We’ve recently discovered Brazilian cheesebread and it’s quite the hit in our household.
- It’s machine washable. Now that I’m a Mom, those are some of my favorite words. Toys can get dirty, especially when you take them out and about. I like that I can just throw it in the washer with the rest of the clothes and not worry about it. I just let it air dry, but I’ve heard to machine dry it on a no heat setting.
- It fits in the diaper bag easily. I was surprised how lightweight it is. And I’m able to fit it in my diaper bag, even when my bag is full. It just slips right in. Plus, I can clip it to the car seat or my diaper bag.
I’ve even brought it to our Itsy Bitsy yoga class. It’s a yoga class designed for babies and it’s the one class I do just with my youngest. We’re encouraged to bring toys to occupy the babies during class. It’s the only toy I bring because he’s fully entertained with it. I can let him chew on the handle, put it out front for Cobra position, or tickle him with it when he’s on his back.
I wish that there were more animals to choose from. Right now, they offer Puppy, Kitty, Monkey, and Lion. I think adding a Fox would be a smart move (especially since they have brightly colored bushy tails.) Otherwise, this has been a toy that has gotten a lot of use in our home and I would recommend it to families with babies.